"Je vois la vie en rose" or "How to be productive at 4.33 in the morning."

The thing about jetlag is that it wouldn't be so bad if there were actually things to do at ungodly hours of the morning. So here's a list of TOOOOOOTALLLLLYYYYY fun things to do if you ever find yourself waking up at 3am (or want can't sleep, for that matter).

1. Discover some good music

Nothing like some good ol' indie to keep you from dying in the morning, I say. Granted that this is nothing new for you music buffs out there, but hey. Not gonna lie - the Genius function on iTunes has become pretty darn good; so good, in fact, that it's a little scary. I click on a song and it gives a list of artists I can trawl through and although a lot of it is hit-and-miss, you do get some rare gems. The "Related videos" sidebar on Youtube is also pretty darn good, and Last FM's ability to generate new artists in line with your current music tastes is... decent. Here are some random-ass songs to get you started!

a. Cut Off Your Hands - Turn Cold


b. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (Aight, a bit trite this one, but I love it)


c. Edith Piaf - La Vie en Rose (Pomplamoose cover - AMAZING)


d. Late of the Pier - Broken


2. Invent work for yourself!

One of my favourites, this one. What do you do when you have nothing to do? Make stuff up, of course! So colour me a dork, but I brought back my Chinese textbook and decided, hell, perhaps I should actually read some Chinese... so that's what I've done :D But it's really simple this one - all it takes is a sweep of the room and a little imagination. Go on, look around you. Messy room? Go clean it! Sleeping friends? Go draw stupid things on their faces in black marker! Unsolved Rubik's cube? GO LEARN TO SOLVE IT. Here are some ideas to get you started!

a.  Reorganize your wardrobe by colour, then by brand, then by style. Then rip everything off the racks and start again!


b. Give all your old stuffed animals names and have an effin' tea party


c. Reread all your farewell letters, old cards, scrapbooks - those kind of things, and get really, really nostalgic, then chuck 'em all away and listen to some BVB (Andy Sixx <3)


3. Assemble all of the cool kits/models/whatever you have accumulated over the years

So I've amassed quite a few activity sets and the like over the years. You know the kind that is directed towards little teeny boppers that teach you how to make friendship bracelets or how to do weird little chemistry experiments or how to, I don't know, make balloon sculptures. Well, I'm not exactly the kind of person who likes to open these kit things - I'd rather just collect them, leading to the immense clutter crammed into every available drawer. Well, If you're like me, I'd say that this would be a great time to use said kit things. So go on, get your creative juices working and go and...

Make a pinhole camera


Or grow colourful little crystal things


Or play with giant magnet things






Or, my favourite, GO MAKE PIPE CLEANER ANIMALS

 


4. Try to sleep...

... Which is exactly what Imma try to do now :P Meow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment